Magic Academy Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self-Tying Shoelaces--Requesting tutorial

2 posters

Go down

Self-Tying Shoelaces--Requesting tutorial Empty Self-Tying Shoelaces--Requesting tutorial

Post by MagicCody Thu 19 Apr 2007, 9:47 pm

I mean, I saw a few Tuts on this trick, but they are all confusing.

Anyone mind letting me know what going on with this trick?
MagicCody
MagicCody
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 337
Favorite Magician : Myst
Magic Experience : 10 Mounths
Registration date : 2007-04-15

https://magicgfx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Self-Tying Shoelaces--Requesting tutorial Empty Re: Self-Tying Shoelaces--Requesting tutorial

Post by KildridMagician Wed 13 Jun 2007, 5:10 pm

Hope this isn't a bump. First off let me tell you something you may already know. This uses a pull & duplicate shoelaces of at which are hidden under the pantleg tied. The regular shoelaces are shown and untied. The pull is hooked to the regular laces of at which are untied. When the shaking is done the magician pulls the laces up into the pantleg while letting the other come from under the pantleg by tugging the jeans upwards.

Here's other ways to accomplish this effect:

Non-Gimmicked Self Tying Shoelaces

Effect

The magician innocently walks, when a spectator tells him that his shoelaces are untied. The magician smiles, and looks down with the spectator at the his feet. He begins to shake his foot, and then in the spectator's own eyes, the shoe have tied themselves.

Preparation

You'll need to have your shoes already tied, be wearing long baggy trousers and have a pair of extra shoelaces.

Before approaching the spectators, do the following:
1. Grab one of the extra shoelaces, and run it through your trouser leg from your waist (just poking out by your belt) to hanging out where your tied shoe laces are.

2. Repeat the same with the other shoelace in the same leg.

3. Arrange the laces so the tied ones are hidden under the trousers, and the un-tied ones are looking like they have come from the shoe.

4. To make the pulling very easy, I recommend taping the opposing laces together that lead through you're trousers. This way they will stay easily together without no problem.

Now...

You're ready to go.

Method

There are two ways to do this.

1. Wait for a spectator to tell you your shoelaces are untied.

And Or

2. Act as if you have tripped over you shoelace near a spectator. If you are doing this, make sure the spectator notices it was your shoelaces that made you trip.

Either way, they both lead to the same performance.

1. Smile at the spectator and look down at your 'un-tied' shoe. Naturally the spectator will do the same.

2. You now need to use misdirection. This is extremely important, as if they notice it, (although they may still not know what happened) it will ruin the trick.

The Secret Move

The shoelaces that are hanging out just a bit over the top of your trousers come into play here. When the spectator looks down at your foot, quickly grab both ends of them, and pull them down as you shake your foot. Pull the shoelaces into your pocket, so they do not hang by your side. (Which will destroy the trick.)

Move your trousers a bit over your ankle to show your shoelaces have tied themselves. Then simply walk away.

[url]Enjoy the method, set-up is actually quite easy and fast. It's up to you on who you want to perform this on. Give it a go, enjoy the trick [/url]

Note: Guys, this is actually better to me than the regular version. And is easy as the regular version is also, give it a try. It's works well and can be done with VERY little practice. Just doing it once is good enough, just make sure you know the basic steps and you're on you're own. I recently did this to my friend, he was stumped. The set-up can be done quickly also, the disadvantage is that you must do this alone, unless you're actually good enough to misdirect and pull the laces all the way up back into postion. Really isn't hard but you can get caught if not done correctly.

Not done yet - my friend CarlKefford had made a video a few months back for distribution. Check out his version of STS Non gimmicked here:

http://media.putfile.com/fdhbvjhrbgkj

Cheers,
Josh
KildridMagician
KildridMagician
Magic Academy Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 94
Favorite Magician : Dai Vernon
Magic Experience : 10 Years
Registration date : 2007-06-13

http://www.yourmagic.ipbfree.com

Back to top Go down

Self-Tying Shoelaces--Requesting tutorial Empty Re: Self-Tying Shoelaces--Requesting tutorial

Post by MagicCody Wed 13 Jun 2007, 6:16 pm

Thanks pro!
MagicCody
MagicCody
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 337
Favorite Magician : Myst
Magic Experience : 10 Mounths
Registration date : 2007-04-15

https://magicgfx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KildridMagician Wed 13 Jun 2007, 6:24 pm

Your welcome - I hope the tutorial in this thread is Ok. Enjoy!
KildridMagician
KildridMagician
Magic Academy Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 94
Favorite Magician : Dai Vernon
Magic Experience : 10 Years
Registration date : 2007-06-13

http://www.yourmagic.ipbfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down