Magic Academy Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jay Sankeys Airtight

4 posters

Go down

Jay Sankeys Airtight Empty Jay Sankeys Airtight

Post by KildridMagician Wed 13 Jun 2007, 10:45 pm

Jay Sankeys Airtight

First off I would like to thank Jkouw from SOMF for this tutorial. This is his tutorial & he gets all of the credit. Thanks Jkouw!

Effect: The Magician takes a card and gets a spectator to sign it the card is then placed in the middle of the deck. The magician then takes a balloon out of his pocket and places it in his hand he then takes the deck and slams it down into his hand to show that the deck is now in the Balloon! The magician then blows the balloon up and shakes the cards up the magician the pulls the spectators signed card out of the undamaged balloon both the card and the balloon can be handed out for inspection or as a souvenir.

Materials:
2 white or clear balloons
1 deck of cards
1 Bulldog clip (If wanted)

Setup: Remove 2 cards from the deck and keep them aside. Take the rest of the deck and turn half face up and shuffle both halves together so there mixed half face up and half face down (there must be a card back showing on both the top and bottom of the deck). In the PDF it says to hold the deck by your teeth but I prefer to hold it between my knees this way leaves no teeth marks. Using your middle and index fingers stretch the small opening of the balloon as much as u can so that u can pull it around the deck (eventually u will be able to pull the balloon over the entire deck). When the deck is inside work all the extra rubber down to the end of the deck where the balloon’s neck is (fig .1). Take the other empty balloon and put it in your front pocket. Place the two extra cards you kept out of the deck on top of the deck. Tuck the balloons neck under the deck (fig. 2)

Jay Sankeys Airtight Airtight1

Performance: Pick off the top card and hand it to a spectator to sign set the second card up for a marlo tilt giving the illusion that the card is being placed in the middle of the deck. But it actually goes second card from the top. Say to the spectator “I will no longer touch the cards”. As u say this top palm the top card of the deck with your right hand. Immediately put your hand into the pocket containing the balloon and remove it from your pocket leaving the card. Hand the balloon out for examination. While the balloon is being examined u move the deck into a Biddle Grip your thumb keeps the balloon’s neck out of sight. Take the balloon in your left hand letting it lie in your hand (fig. 3). Extend your right index finger and hook it over the left side of the deck. Raise your right hand directly above your left hand. Quickly bring your hand down hand as u do so flip the deck over with your right index finger (fig. 4). Your finger pulls to the right so that the deck is flipped completely over by the time it hits your hand (fig. 5). It looks like the deck has been pulled inside of the empty balloon.

Jay Sankeys Airtight Airtight2

Again take the deck into a right hand Biddle Grip. Your left hand holding the empty balloon drops down to your left pocket and leave the balloon. Blow up the balloon your left hand holding the signed card in place (fig. 6). Hold the balloon and say “I will shuffle the cards in a fair manner”. Now say “I thing I see your card bouncing in there”. Your right hand grabs the right side of the balloon. Hold the signed card in place with your left thumb. Pinch some card through the balloon with your left thumb and fingers. The signed card is behind these cards on the outside of the balloon (fig. 7). Begin to pull to the left letting the balloon and cards snap back to the right but retaining the signed card in your left hand (fig.Cool. Everything can now be examined or kept as a souvenear.

Jay Sankeys Airtight Airtight3

Alternate ending: Once your in position to pull the card out of the balloon do Needle Through Balloon and impale the signed card with the point of the needle on the way out. As the needle emerges it appears to catch the card.

Please feel free to ask any questions and leave comments in this thread
KildridMagician
KildridMagician
Magic Academy Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 94
Favorite Magician : Dai Vernon
Magic Experience : 10 Years
Registration date : 2007-06-13

http://www.yourmagic.ipbfree.com

Back to top Go down

Jay Sankeys Airtight Empty Re: Jay Sankeys Airtight

Post by 214157 Sat 16 Jun 2007, 5:21 am

its hard 2 understand. just make a video

Magic Academy Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 70
Favorite Magician : Student, Magician, XCMer
Magic Experience : ??
Registration date : 2007-05-10

http://www.friendster.com/nico214

Back to top Go down

Post by Drumma21 Thu 28 Jun 2007, 5:56 pm

Yeah ive performed this trick before, it gets the coolest reactions...

-Drumma21
Drumma21
Drumma21
Level 1 Magic NewComer

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by KildridMagician Fri 29 Jun 2007, 2:39 am

I agree, it does. That's why I perform it almost anywhere with a lot of people. Wink
KildridMagician
KildridMagician
Magic Academy Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 94
Favorite Magician : Dai Vernon
Magic Experience : 10 Years
Registration date : 2007-06-13

http://www.yourmagic.ipbfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DaBalloon&MagicGuy Sat 30 Jun 2007, 3:56 am

This has got to be the best tutorial on Jay Sankey's Airtight that I've seen...wait, is this the original? Anyways, great find.

DaBalloon&MagicGuy
Level 1 Magic NewComer

Male
Number of posts : 18
Favorite Magician : David Copperfield
Magic Experience : 12 years
Registration date : 2007-06-12

http://www.balloontwistershawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content