Magic Academy Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranoid Tutorial

4 posters

Go down

Paranoid Tutorial Empty Paranoid Tutorial

Post by Myst Sat 21 Apr 2007, 7:19 pm

For those who haven't seen Paranoid, here's is the link of the Performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WITyLtaat0

Preperation:

The only prep, is taking out the four aces and placing them ontop of the face-down deck....face down.... So that's all the prep really, and now you're set to perform Paranoid!

Method:

Start of by spreading the deck, and have a spectator point out any four cards from the center of the deck. Make sure they don't point to the top four cards! If they do, then say "I spread the deck so you pick from the middle, make it harder for me". Anyway, as the point to the card, outjog it (as shown in the video). Square up the deck, thus you should have four face down cards outjogged from the center of the deck.

Strip these cards out, and place them ontop of the deck turning them face-up. POSITION CHECK: You should have the spectators four randomly selected cards on the top , with the four aces face-down underneath these four face-up cards. Spread the deck, so that the first eight cards are spread, with the random face-up cards on the top, and the four aces face-down underneath them. Catch a break below the top eight cards. Take these cards in biddle grip, and one by one count one use your thumb of your left hand to thumboff, and use the packet to flip the card over ontop of the rest of the deck in mechanics grip. After you are done flipping the third card over- you should have the last random face-up card in your hand, with the four aces face-down under it in biddle grip. Just take this packet of 5, and drop it atop the deck, thus the random card is face-down on top of the deck.

Take this random card and riffle the deck and place it in the lower portion of the deck, and keep riffling and place the next three cards (to the spectator they are the random cards, but infact they are three aces) into the deck. With a "wave" use the index finger of your left hand, to secretly pull the last outjogged card into the deck. (Like in the Push N Change). This done you have three aces outjogged from the center of the deck. In the motion of stripping the four random cards out, use the thumb of your right hand to do the "Vernon Addon Move", and push the last ace on top of the deck up, and strip all the cards out fast.

You're done! Simply discard the deck, wave the four cards as I did in the video, and reveal them to be the four aces!

Hope you enjoy this one!

- Myst -

(As seen on MS.com....ENJOY!)
Myst
Myst
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Back to top Go down

Paranoid Tutorial Empty Re: Paranoid Tutorial

Post by AceRaven Sat 21 Apr 2007, 8:38 pm

I learnt this trick awhile ago, very nice performance.
AceRaven
AceRaven
Magic Academy Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 63

https://www.youtube.com/PwNzA

Back to top Go down

Post by Myst Sun 22 Apr 2007, 2:56 pm

Thanks Ace, appreciate it loads. Razz Yeah...an oldie but still one to enjoy!

- Myst -
Myst
Myst
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by AceRaven Sun 22 Apr 2007, 4:34 pm

Hehe i performed it at a wedding anniversary yesterday, lol got 4 diff people to pick out cards. Then boom! lol.
AceRaven
AceRaven
Magic Academy Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 63

https://www.youtube.com/PwNzA

Back to top Go down

Post by 214157 Thu 10 May 2007, 7:36 am

thats a cool trick, ive shown the video to my classmates at school and they freaked out! Good job myst,

Hey ace raven hi! its 214157 from SOMF

Magic Academy Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 70
Favorite Magician : Student, Magician, XCMer
Magic Experience : ??
Registration date : 2007-05-10

http://www.friendster.com/nico214

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersfan2 Thu 28 Jun 2007, 12:55 pm

thanks for this. considering putting up a performance on youtube!

lakersfan2
Level 1 Magic NewComer

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down