Magic Academy Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R. Paul Wilson's Boxed Transpo

2 posters

Go down

R. Paul Wilson's Boxed Transpo Empty R. Paul Wilson's Boxed Transpo

Post by Myst Sat 21 Apr 2007, 7:22 pm

So, I found this one on once of Paul Wilson's PDF's....can't remember which one though. I tried it out, and this one got me some STUNNING reactions! AND its quite simple to do...if you know your basics... And- its impromptu, so another great thing!

In the effect video I said all credit goes to "Paul Harris"....I made a mistake there it was supposed to be Paul Wilson....just so you know..

Effect:
A card is freely chosen, signed and then placed aside. (The magician never sees the card) Four kings are then pulled out from the deck, and placed in one hand and the selection is placed in the other. The kings are shown and put aside, and the selection is put aside away from the kings. The spectator is asked to inspect the card box in sight the whole time, for slits /holes etc. When the spectator gives the box to the magician saying there are no holes/slits, the magician places the four kings inside the box and closes the box up. The selection now lays on the table. The magician takes the card box, places it atop the selection. And in one SNAP, the box is put aside and in the selections place...there are four face down cards! The cards are shown to be the four kings! And the spectator takes the box, opens it and INSIDE....is the chosen, SIGNED card!

Performance Video Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbMbTTi1Qx4

Method:

(You can use the Patter I use in my Video)

- PHASE 1 -

Start of by either: borrowing a deck from your spectator OR taking your own out. You will need your card box. Take the deck out, spread it and have a spectator choose a card. Make sure they don't show you the chosen card, and have them sign it. While they are signing the card, go through the deck and pull out the kings. Place them face up on the table, and ask the spectator to put their selection FACE DOWN on the table.

Pick up the kings in your right hand, holding them face down. Take the selection in the left, also face down. Throw the kings from your right hand atop the selection and square up.

Position Check: Face down (from the top) : K , K , K , K , S (S = selection)

Casually take the packet of five in right-hand biddle grip. Thumb of the top king, and turn it downwards quickly to flash the bottom of the king. Thumb off the next two kings flashing them as you go. Now you should be left with a double in biddle grip in the right hand, with three kings in your left hand. This is the tricky move, the same move you use in the Jordan Count. Drop the double casually ontop of the three kings, and quickly do a block push-over of all the card but the last, as you take the last card calling it the selection, (its actually the first king you thumbed off, don't turn it over and show its face, just call it the selection and place it face-down on the table). Take the four cards in your left hand, turn them face up.

Position Check: Face Up (from the top) : K, K, S, K

Tell the spectator to take the card box from the table, and check it for any slits/holes etc. While they do this, casually perform an elmsley count, bringing the selection to the bottom- and this done buckle the bottom card (selection).

- PHASE 2 -

After they are done inspecting the card box, pick it up and say : "I'm going to place the kings in the box". With the faces of the cards towards you, in the action of shoving the kings into the box, you are actually just placing the selection in the box- and you can do this smoothly because you had a break above the selection. Insert the buckle into the rim of the top of the box, which will automatically seperate the selection from the three kings. In the manner of pushing the "KINGS" square into the box, you push down the cards and now you have the selection IN the box, and the other kings on the back. Close the box up , and turn it over and hold it in mechanics grip (like I do in the video) thus the other three kings are not visible to the spectator yet they are underneath the card box.

Tell the spectator that you are going to place the box on the selection. Take the box and the three kings under the box in biddle grip. (With the box and kings in biddle grip, the kings under the box wouldn't be evident UNLESS if you turn the box up, and then there will be three face-up kings on the bottom. Place this box (with the three kings underneath) atop the "SELECTION" on the table (which is actually the fourth king). Make sure everything is square, and now simple SNAP your fingers. Take the box off, and show the four face down cards on the table now...to the audience's shock the four cards are the KINGS! And, now you can have the spectator take the box, open it and take their SIGNED card out!

A transposition effect doesn't get any better than this!

Wow...that took LONG!....

I hope the write-up is clear! * Cracks Knuckles *

Enjoy !

- Myst -

( Another oldie from MS.com...ENJOY!)
Myst
Myst
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Back to top Go down