Magic Academy Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balducci Levitation

3 posters

Go down

Balducci Levitation Empty Balducci Levitation

Post by lakersfan2 Thu 03 May 2007, 7:32 pm

Amaze someone by gently rising about 4 inches off the ground.
Steps

1. Stand in front of the person with your back facing away, and your body positioned at about a 45-degree angle to the person's point of view.
2. Turn so that they can see your left foot and heel, and the back of your right heel.
3. Use your hidden right toes to slowly push yourself up a few inches, keeping your heels together.
4. Remember to keep the heel of the foot closest to the person level with the ground, to provide a sense of level levitation.
5. Hold the position for 2 or 3 seconds, then let yourself down quickly, avoiding sudden moves or shudders.

Tips

* This trick is best done in the evening when there are shadows to hide your right foot, also, try to position yourself so that the shadow is concealing your foot in relations with where your audience is.
* Angle is everything. Practice this in front of a mirror or another person. Lack of practice will surely give you away.
* Turn so that they can see your left foot and heel, and the back of your right heel. If they see your right toes they will see how it's done.
* Try to be subtle when doing this. Don't just say, "I'm going to float now." Say instead something like "Now watch my feet closely" to make the person focus on the illusion. Make sure every one is on one side of you.
* Levitation is powerful magic indeed. Appearing weakened and out of breath after settling back down is one way to illustrate how powerful and difficult levitation is.

Warnings

* Don't go up too high or they will see your toes.

lakersfan2
Level 1 Magic NewComer

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-04-22

Back to top Go down

Balducci Levitation Empty Re: Balducci Levitation

Post by KildridMagician Fri 29 Jun 2007, 2:41 am

A classic levitation. I don't perform it though for adults, they catch on. For small children it is best. Wink

Thanks!
KildridMagician
KildridMagician
Magic Academy Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 94
Favorite Magician : Dai Vernon
Magic Experience : 10 Years
Registration date : 2007-06-13

http://www.yourmagic.ipbfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DaBalloon&MagicGuy Fri 29 Jun 2007, 3:04 am

I did this a few times and got great reactions, but you're right kids love it and it depends how gullible the adults are...hahaha.

DaBalloon&MagicGuy
Level 1 Magic NewComer

Male
Number of posts : 18
Favorite Magician : David Copperfield
Magic Experience : 12 years
Registration date : 2007-06-12

http://www.balloontwistershawaii.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content